How to Make a Bar Graph
Hello and welcome back, class! Today we'll be looking at how to make and create a bar graph. I will be demonstrating how to make a vertical bar graph.
1. Decide on a title. In this case, the title will be based on your subject for your flowchart in an APDD Investigation. (For example, What Colour Are You?)
2. Draw the horizontal and vertical axis (the lines on the left and bottom of your chart).
3. Label the horizontal axis. (For example, 'Colour'.)
4. Above the horizontal axis's label, label the bars (for example orange, blue, red, etc.).
5. Label the vertical axis. (For example, 'Number of People'.)
6. Decide on the scale. What is the least greatest number on the scale, and which is the greatest? In what range will the numbers go in? (For example, the least greatest number is 0 and the greatest number is 30. 0 + 5 = 10, 10 + 5 = 15, etc.)
7. Draw a bar for each label, with different colours to make it easy to tell apart data.